Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ha Ha, Very Funny...

On Tuesday I had an interview with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Overall I feel like the interview went well, but it ended with "I have a few other interviews to run this week so we will be in touch on or around Friday."

Lessen learned: Be careful what you ask for.

Let's backtrack for just a minute.

I have applied for an internship with a fairly hefty number of companies and Enterprise was the first to respond. Going in to my interview on Tuesday, I had a lot of thoughts rushing through my mind. I guess the best way to get my point across is simply to state the following: Enterprise is a great company, but I am conflicted because it is not major-related for me. So going in to the interview I was trying to determine the correct course of action to take.

There were a few possible outcomes in my mind before the interview began.

1. I would not be offered the job and would be back to square one.
2. I would be offered the job, and given time to make a decision.
3. I would be offered the job, but forced to make a decision at that time.

The most appealing to me was #2 and the reason why is that quite frankly if ESPN calls how could I turn it down? I would feel bad if I had to accept the job and then reject it later, possibly ruining Enterprise's chance to get an intern for the summer. I realize that getting an internship with ESPN would pretty much take a miracle (currently praying for said miracle), but I would feel bad if that happened. So, going in to Tuesday I prayed that I would have time to make a decision on the Enterprise internship.

Well, in a way I got what I asked for. Of course, I have not been offered the job, but if I am, it will not be until Friday. My prayer for more time was answered, I just should have been more specific...

So if there is a moral to this story, prayer works, but be specific!

3 comments: