Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh God, You're Funny

God has a sense of humor. Fact. It often takes us a long time to really grasp what He is talking about and get the punchline, but He has a sense of humor. Other times it's not so much humor as it is wit. Man, do I ever short change Him. The next time you think he has placed a thought, verse, or song on your heart, examine it again and again and listen, because He's most likely not finished talking to you. In fact, a lot of the time you will find that He is not only delivering you a message, but he wants you to share it with others as well.

For me the most amazing realization just struck. God was speaking to me out of a book of His bible, and while the words were vastly important, that wasn't the only message he was sending. I won't go into too much more detail, except to say that my mind was absolutely blown apart when I finally put two and two together three hours later. I thought, what book was that verse in again...? Oh my, that is too cool.

Again, sorry I am being so vague, but this was a message for me.

Last night and today I had a few great talks with friends about dreams. Are they all from God? Maybe not, but some definitely are. How God is speaking through those he sends though is truly unbelievable. Again a testament (excuse the pun) to his wit.

I was watching some I am second videos yesterday and one really stands out to me again and again. I have seen it several times already, but it always just takes my breath away. Here's a link to it.

The video is of Brian Welch's testimony. Brian was the lead singer of Korn before giving it up, along with drugs and many other sins, to raise his daughter and pursue a true relationship with Christ. The words he says about crying out to God are hauntingly beautiful. He looks tot he sky, hands outstretched and says "search my heart God." He then asks God for help with drugs and addiction and he is freed from those chains. As my friend put it "you can't just throw that stuff (methamphetamine) out one day and walk away, no human has that strength, but you can see that God did that in him." You are so right. God stepped in and broke his chains, freed him of his pain and addiction and literally saved his life.

Brian had the verse Matthew 11:28 shared with him. "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." He then picked the verse apart and examined it from multiple angles to understand it.

Today God again and again reminded e simply to ask him for what I need. This was punctuated by Luke 11:9-13
9“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

And then again in a another passage where God says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Let's seek him today. Let's let him empty out the garbage in our hearts.
Psalm 51:10
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.


He desires you, he desires me, and he will be by our side, whenever we fall, in the dead of night, whenever we call, so let's not fight these hands that are holding us.

Continue to surprise me God, your surprises are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment