Friday, February 25, 2011

Catch Up

Dang. I am way behind. This week has been so long that its all running together. Tests, papers, homework, classes, gross. In any event, this post covers Tuesday through today.

Last night at homegroup a friend said that he felt earlier in the week like he had gotten to a good place and could therefore sit back and relax. He said he quickly realized that this was not true, but it is a trap that is easy to fall into. "I'm doing well," "I prayed today," "I haven't been partying," etc. We pat ourselves on the back and stop our work. Tuesday was about hungering for God, and that is just what that is all about. It's like a multi-course meal. God has given us the appetizer, and we have to tell him we are ready for the next course, and pursue it. This goes along with the thirst that Wednesday was focused on.

"The Heart Cry"

"Are you longing for more? Are you tired of feeling like you are just going through the motions in your spiritual life?" While these questions are like asking if you have ever eaten before (yes, obviously) they are good reminders. It is easy to slip into a routine and stay in it, but that is where the passion is lost. This cannot be about simply checking off the box, it has to be about so much more than that.

I love the verse they use for yesterday.

Psalm 27:4 - One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.


And back to today. Well that was easy wasn't it?

"Often we give the Lord token time and attention, the kind of attention that would be an insult to someone we loved." Bam, that's a kick in the gut. But it is so true. Do I ever ask God what he wants or am I just telling him and asking him for things I want? I know that I do ask what he wants, but this I feel is a good question to use. He wants to move in us. Are we willing?

Isaiah 6:8 - Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

1 comment:

  1. "Often we give the Lord token time and attention, the kind of attention that would be an insult to someone we loved." <-That was definitely a convicting statement. I'm VERY guilty of it. And I absolutely was guilty of it this weekend... But, that's another story. :P Thanks for the prayers, though! :)

    ReplyDelete