Sunday, February 28, 2010

Trust

I've been holding on so tight
Look at these knuckles
They've gone white

Let It Go - Tenth Avenue North

Tonight was a long night. This week was a long week. Lets face it, its a long life.

Now that is not a bad thing, in fact I completely disagree with that thought. (That was for you Rollin.) Life is long, but it is so short. We are a flash in the pan, a blink of the eye. We don't have the time to hold on to the bad. That is how we get overwhelmed.

Trust me, I know a lot about not letting go. In fact, if it were some kind of competition I am pretty sure I would win. This is the ultimate of "do as I say, not as I do" suggestions, and you know I'm right.

But it is more than just letting go of the hurt, the pain. You have got to face it head on. Now this one I fail miserably at. The amazing thing about life is that every second is an opportunity for a fresh start.

Now, if you haven't realized this yet, 99% of this blog is me talking to myself, telling myself what I need to do. But, you are probably, no I can pretty much guarantee you have or will read at least one thing that hits home for you too.

Why are you striving these days?
Why are you still trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying?
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

By Your Side - Tenth Avenue North

Yep, I'm listening to them right now. Good stuff too, you should definitely be listening to them as well.

That is how I feel some times. Sometimes, more often that sometimes really, I feel like nothing I do is ever enough. That no matter how hard I work, how hard I try it just isn't good enough.

We can't do it alone. We need help, and sometimes the best way is to let yourself be overcome.

I'm a shipwreck a sailor lost at sea
You're a tidal wave
And you're crashing over me
Caught in your current and I'm sinking
But drowning peacefully

I'm crying out come rescue me with love
Like a child needs a night light in the dark
Lord, light me up I'm lovesick for
Just one touch
You're all I need
But you never seem to be enough

Lovesick - (You Guessed It) Tenth Avenue North

So drown in his love. Even if you feel like you have nothing, he will sustain you. I love that the chorus ends with "But you never seem to be enough." I have literally spent hours praying and thinking about that one line. What does it mean?

Tonight it hit me like a sledgehammer.

The important word in that line is "seem." He is more than enough for any of us. Why do we not trust in that? We convince ourselves of the lie that he might not come through or that he might not be enough. It's almost laughable. Why are we so foolish? Why am I so foolish? He only died to save every person who ever has, is or will live. Yeah, he can't possibly help me.

So crash over me, pull me under. Tell me to let it go, and be there to listen. Be by my side when I fall, when I cry in the darkest of the dark nights, when I call. Rescue me with love.

Rescue me. With Love.

He is meek, he is the Lamb led to slaughter. He is mighty, the lion of Judah. He is LOVE.

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'" - John 1:29

"Then one of the elders said to me, 'Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed.'" - Revelation 5:5

3 comments:

  1. This is great william. I love your thoughts on the matter. Lets talk about this sometime because i really struggle with all of what you just said. Competing in my major is a tremendous stress that i cannot even face somedays. I am so impressed with your ability to pull apart song lyrics. I like doing that too. Alright. Love you bro. Lets get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to. Any time, any place. But word of warning. I am in no way accomplished in any of the things I say. I have just messed up enough times to know what the right things to do are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You seem to write a lot of what I'm thinking. :P I, like Ryan, have a lot of stress from the competitiveness of our major. I like the song lyrics too. :)

    He is more than enough, but it's so hard to believe sometimes. I wonder why...

    ReplyDelete